Ireland U20 have named their side to face Wales at Donnybrook on Friday evening in their U20 RBS 6 Nations opener.
Head Coach Nigel Carolan has selected a side that includes just three players with experience from last year’s side, Andrew Porter, Adam Mc, Burney, and Conan O’Donnell, all of whom are picked in the front row, with skipper James Ryan behind them in the second row.
One name that will catch the eye of many rugby fans on this side of the Irish Sea is that of Johnny McPhillips, the former Sedbergh full back is selected at outside half.
Speaking ahead of the game, Carolan said:
“We’ve been training well and the players are integrating nicely. While the majority of the lads taking to the field on Friday will not have played at international level before, they have got good experience at provincial level and this has shown in their preparation over the last number of weeks and they’re all looking forward to getting out there”.
- Jack Power (UCD / Leinster)
- Matthew Byrne (Terenure / Leinster)
- Shane Daly (Cork Con / Munster)
- Jimmy O’Brien (UCD / Leinster)
- Hugo Keenan (UCD / Leinster)
- Johnny McPhillips (QUB / Ulster)
- John Poland (Cork Con / Munster)
- Andrew Porter (UCD / Leinster)
- Adam McBurney (Ballymena / Ulster)
- Conan O’Donnell (Sligo / Connacht)
- Peter Claffey (Galwegians / Connacht)
- James Ryan (Lansdowne / Leinster) Captain
- Cillian Gallagher (Sligo / Connacht)
- Will Connors (UCD / Leinster)
- Max Deegan (Lansdowne / Leinster)
- Shane Fenton (Young Munster / Munster)
- James Bollard (Dublin University / Leinster)
- Conor Kenny (Buccaneers / Connacht)
- Sean O’Connor (Cashel / Munster)
- Kelvin Brown (Shannon / Munster)
- Stephen Kerins (Sligo / Connacht)
- Brett Connon (Newcastle Falcons)
- Conor O’Brien (Clontarf / Leinster)