The Aviva Premiership Under 18 League kicks off again this weekend after a break of just under two months since the first round during the half term break.
Twelve of the fourteen teams are in action in the League this weekend, with Saracens and Northampton Saints both having an extra week to prepare before they kick off again next week, though Northampton to have a friendly against St Josephâ€™s College these evening, who included several Saints EPDG players themselves.
It all kicks off tomorrow with Exeter Chiefs v Bristol, Exeter started with a flyer against Bath last time out and will be looking to build on that fine start. Bath aim to recover with a home game against Harlequins tomorrow afternoon.
Kicking off before them are Gloucester, who beat Newcastle Falcons in the 1st Round, and Leeds Carnegie. The game will be played at Cheltenham College so young starlet Ollie Thornley will be on his home turf.
Leicester Tigers take on Worcester Warriors at Welfrord Road at midday tomorrow. Tigers topped the Northern Conference with an unbeaten season last year and got off to a perfect start this year with a 36-10 win over Sale back in October. Worcesterâ€™s season got off to the worst possible start though with a 46-0 loss to Northampton.
On Sunday Newcastle Falcons and Sale Sharks both look to bounce back from their defeats on the opening weekend, while on Monday evening London Wasps host London Irish for Waspsâ€™ first fixture of the season.
The League carries on next weekend too and then there is a break the following week before fixtures in each of the first three weeks of January. There is then a two week break before the final round of fixtures on the 7th/8th February.
U18 Aviva Premiership Fixtures:
St Josephâ€™s College 48-20 Northampton Saints)
Exeter Chiefs v Bristol (KO & venue TBA)
Leicester Tigers v Worcester Warriors (12.00 Welford Road)
Gloucester v Leeds Carnegie (13.30 Cheltenham College)
Bath v Harlequins (14.00 Lambridge)
Newcastle Falcons v Sale Sharks (14.00 McCracken Park)
London Wasps v London Irish (19.30 Braywick Road)
First Round Results:
London Irish 40-3 Saracens
Northampton Saints 46-0 Worcester Warriors
Sale Sharks 10-36 Leicester Tigers
Newcastle Falcons 17-39 Gloucester
Exeter Chiefs 27-0 Bath
Bristol 29-43 Harlequins
(St Josephâ€™s College)
(1. Luke Palmer 2. Alex Sayer 3. Oliver Brookes 4. Joe Shaw 5. Karl Wilkins 6. Jolyon Brock 7. Thomas Dufficy 8. Lewis Ludlam (Captain) 9. Matthew Wadling 10. Daniel Lewis 11. Ross Taylor 12. Ethan Waddleton 13. Austin Beckett (vc) 14. George Wacokecoke 15. Cameron Ives.
Replacements: 16. Callum McGinn 17. Harry Gozzett 18. Louie Boydell 19. George O’Leary 20. Hugo Douglas.)
1. Tommy Southworth, 2. Jack Innard, 3. Jack Stanley, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Luke Hattam, 6. Josh Caulfield, 7. Nat Bayett, 8. Bradley Howe, 9. Jack Oulton, 10. Joel Matevasi, 11. Harrison Cully, 12. Laurence May, 13. Tom Hendrickson, 14. Jack Faulkner, 15. George Toomey.
Replacements: 16. Charlie Gibbings, 17. Tommy Philips, 18. Billy Keast, 19. Kieran Westlake, 20. Toby Papp, 21. Jack Maunder, 22. Toby Papp, 23. Noah Sixton.
James Floyd (SGS Filton); Elias Caven (SGS Filton), Lucas Slowik (SGS Filton), Chay Smith (SGS Filton), Alex Kilbane (SGS Filton); Julian Mogg (SGS Filton), Andy Uren (SGS Filton); Henry Harper (Hartpury), Ben Gompels (c) (Clifton College), Ryan Thompson (SGS Filton), Dan Ogden (Churchill Academy), Ed Tait (Clifton College), John Humphrys (SGS Filton), Sam Boyland (Colstons), Brad Kislingbury (SGS Filton).
Replacements: Kieran Ward (SGS Filton), Luke Panting (SGS Filton), Ash Challenger (SGS Filton), Ben Silk (SGS Filton), Ollie Critchley (Colstons), Conor Littlewood (Weston College), Kieran Harris (Clifton College), Sam Balkham (SGS Filton).
1. James Page (Malvern College)â€¨2. Callum Young (Bromsgrove School)â€¨3. Charlie Robinson (Bromsgrove School)â€¨4. Andrew Kitchener (Adams Grammar)â€¨5. Will Elt (Kingâ€™s School Worcester)â€¨6. Piers Morell (Malvern College)â€¨7. Sam Smith (Old Swinford Hospital)â€¨8. Huw Taylor (c) (Old Swinford Hospital)â€¨9. Ben Williams (Worcester Sixth Form College)â€¨10. Luke White (Bromsgrove School)â€¨11. Reece Chapman-Carry (Worcester Sixth Form College)â€¨12. Scott Smith (Worcester Sixth Form College)â€¨13. Matt Edwards (Hartpury College)â€¨14. Declan Hadley (Worcester Sixth Form College)â€¨15. Tom Howard (Warwick School).
Replacements: 16. Will Priestly (Warwick School)â€¨17. Trae Oâ€™Sullivan (Worcester Sixth Form College)â€¨18. Joe Wrafter (Hartpury College)â€¨19. Dan Salts (Thomas Rotherham College)â€¨20. Justin Clegg (Bromsgrove School)â€¨21. Jamie Shilcook (Warwick School).
15. Taylor Prellâ€¨14. Nick Rawsthorneâ€¨13. Cam Leadleyâ€¨12. Max Wrightâ€¨11. Dan Taiâ€¨10. Max Greenâ€¨9. Jack London;â€¨1. Lewis Boyceâ€¨2. Jordon Pooleâ€¨3. Charlie Cappsâ€¨4. Raffen Cherringtonâ€¨5. Guy Borrowdaleâ€¨6. Brandon Staplesâ€¨7. Josh Bainbridge (c)â€¨8. Tom Burridge.
Replacements: 16. Harry Walesâ€¨17. Toko Tedoradzeâ€¨18. Will Scholeyâ€¨19. Monty Reedâ€¨20. Joe Lowesâ€¨21. Jimmy McDanielâ€¨22. Tom Bulloughâ€¨23. Ben Magee.
1. Crowther, 2. Frost, 3. Catlin, 4. Allen, 5. Rice, 6. Radford, 7. Gleave, 8. Morris-Meane, 9. Whiteley, 10. Jennings, 11. Hopkins, 12. Waters, 13. MacKenzie, 14. Small, 15. Atkins.
Replacements:Â 16. John, 17. Lynas, 18. Thompson, 19. Harris, 20. Homer, 21. Galloway, 22. Coulson, 23. Stringer.
Forwards: Wilkey, Lockhart-Smith, Adeniran-Olule, Mount, Ibuanopke, South, White, Treadwell, Forshaw, Thomas, Cheeseman, Cramp.
Backs: Arnold, Jackson, Marchant, Hogg, Bellamin, Taylor, Berry, Simmons, Palmer, Aspland-Robinson.
1. Aston Whitlow (Gosforth Academy) 2. Ben Wilkinson (Gosforth Academy) 3. Mark Forster (Austin Friars School) 4. Aidan Coulthard (West Lakes College) 5. Theo Nwosu-Hope (Queen Elizabeth Hexham School) 6. George Hedgley (c) (Giggleswick School) 7. Guy Coser (Barnard Castle School) 8. Callum Chick (Gosforth Academy) 9. Owen Clemmett (Gosforth Academy) 10. Brett Connon (Austin Friars School) 11. Luke Davison (West Lakes College) 12. Lloyd Purser (Durham School) 13. Callum Burn (Kirkley Hall College) 14. Dan Marshall (Gosforth Academy) 15. Johnny McPhillips (Sedbergh School).
Replacements: 16. Jack Beckwith (Barnard Castle School) 17. Jake Ellwood (Durham School) 18. Lorcan O’Donnell (Gosforth Academy) 19. Michael Walton (Durham School) 20. Jonny Coser (Barnard Castle School) 21. Dan Taylor (Durham School) 22. Luke Wilson (Hartlepool 6th Form College) 23. Adam Redman (Durham School).
(More team news to follow).